Breakfast with Fed 'Food Sustainability for the Future' (29/09/2021)
From Cristian Stromblad
Our Breakfast with Fed talk on Wednesday 29 September, ‘Food Sustainability for the Future’, saw the launch of Federation University’s new Bachelor of Sustainable Food Systems and some enlightening discussion on the future of food and drink.
Food sustainability is the study of food security, health, safety, quality and affordability, influenced by the changing climate and environment.
Speakers and panel members for this event included our academics and a selection of special industry guests:
- Associate Professor Sam Henson, Head of Campus, Ballarat
- Professor Dara Twomey, Dean, School of Science, Psychology and Sport
- Dr David Bean, Senior Lecturer, Microbiology and Fermentation Technology, School of Science, Psychology and Sport
- Associate Professor Andrew Greenhill, Microbiology and Fermentation Technology, School of Science, Psychology and Sport
- Ms Nicola Pero, CEO, Food & Fibre Gippsland; Council member, Federation University
- Dr Barry McGookin, General Manager Innovation, Food Innovation Australia Ltd
- Mr Tim McAuliffe, Acting Regional Director, Regional Development Victoria
- Dr Barry McGookin, General Manager Innovation, Food Innovation Australia
- Elena Nautu, Graduate Project Officer, Smart Specialisation, Food & Fibre Gippsland; final year student, Federation University.